Monday 6 February 2012

Effective Internet Marketing Training

Effective Internet Marketing Training should now be considered an essential requirement for any business wishing to be successful online. To learn internet marketing properly and to develop effective skills really requires that you find an Internet Marketing Training course that delivers on many levels.

Firstly, let me say that I do appreciate that most online businesses or MLM opportunities offer some form of internet marketing training although normally only related to their own particular product.

While much of this training is not accredited in any way (because it's specific to that particular company), that shouldn't be an excuse for the training not to be of a high standard.

It's not a problem for me personally if there is no formal qualification at the end of a training course as long as I actually receive the training professionally, it satisfies my desired training outcomes and it meets the requirements I insist upon.

In my opinion, for an internet marketing training course to be effective it absolutely must meet 5 key requirements. Allow me to share the 5 points I have always looked to consider before giving or undertaking any training I've ever done and ones which I recommend to anyone who approaches me now.

My 5 Requirements for an Effective Internet Marketing Training Course

Tutor Led - I don't want to undertake a course of training and then receive a pile of books or CD's through the mail and be left to "get on with it". I personally prefer my learning to be Tutor led and I want to know who the tutor is. What access and interaction will I have with my tutors? What degree of knowledge do they have of their subject matter? I don't want them to be merely 'familiar' with the subject - I want to know that they are teaching from a position of authority and experience. If the tutor has no credibility or won't be available to talk with on a regular basis, then what are they doing trying to teach the subject in the first place.

Relevant - I want to make sure that the training being offered is relevant to what I want to learn. I want to have my learning outcomes identified at the outset and then receive training that will help me to reach those outcomes. The training needs to be current and reflect, or have the ability to reflect, any changes to the current subject standards or issues.

Structured - I want to have a structured program of training held regularly and without fail at the times stated - no excuses! I like to see a timetable or schedule for the course and know that it has been planned to run in a manner that will gradually build on and reinforce everything I've been taught. Having said that, I also like to know that there might be some degree of flexibility in the program to allow more time to be spent on relevant issues that I have difficulty with or that the tutors feel need to be expanded upon further.

Engaging - Death by Power Point is unimaginative and boring. I want to know that the training will be interesting with some degree of interaction. Will my tutors simply be talking at me or will they be engaging me and answering my questions as they arise, checking my understanding and taking an interest in me as an individual. What sort of course materials will be made available to me during and after my training?

After Care - Remember that when the training is complete the LEARNING really starts. I want to know what facilities are in place on completion of my training for me to continue and develop my learning. Will there be some form of online resource to access and reference what I've been taught and will my tutors be available if needed to clarify some point of learning or ask a question about the training I'd received.

And there you have it.

Try to ensure that the internet marketing training course you undertake meets all of the above requirements. If you find these things in your chosen course, you will undoubtedly receive interesting, informative and relevant training that will propel you forward to online marketing success - whatever that field be in.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3719275

1 comment: