Thursday 29 March 2012

Internet Marketing Training - Getting Started With an Online Business When You Are New to Marketing

Getting started online with an Internet business is not difficult, but you must have some direction and training if you want to be successful. It took me about a year to make any money when I first came online in 2005, and that was because I was trying to do it myself. Once I began working with a mentor, put some systems into place, and began serving one main niche, that is when I started making money and feeling like a true entrepreneur.

It took me almost two years to find a mentor that could help me to succeed. Along the way I spent thousands of dollars with people who proclaimed to be online mentors. Each of them were still learning how to make a living on the Internet, meaning that they changed their training frequently and finally just had to tell people they did not have answers to the questions they were being asked. I was determined to never be that type of mentor, so I have continued to learn and grow to better serve those who come to me for marketing training. Make sure that the person you are working with and learning from knows enough to be teaching you how to get started.

Putting my systems into place was a big step for me, and will be for you as well. I am now able to travel every month without having to think about my business. What I do think about are the people who are a part of my business, meaning my students and the others on my list. Take the time to learn how to set up your shopping cart, your auto responders, and your products. I also have several membership sites, so I make sure they are set up as well.

Choosing a niche is a big step for everyone. I let my niche find me, which turns out to be the best way to do it. Learn as much as you can, start blogging, listen to teleseminars and other training, and get involved with social media. Soon you will realize what you want to do online, and then it will all come together for you. For me, realizing that people wanted to learn technology from me was huge. I was taking what I knew for granted, and it turned out I was able to build an entire business around something that was fun for me to do.   

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3816369

1 comment: